Scary shoes
Sand is a very scary material. It can penetrate every part of your body.
When I went to the desert safari in Dubai, I had to take off my shoes because they are entirely filled with sand, causing my feet to arch in such an awkward shape that I couldn't walk.
After the safari, I tried very hard to clean my shoes. I thought, it's just sand, I'll just shake them out and wipe clean.
It turns out, the sand is so stubborn. Just when I thought the shoes are clean, after wearing for 30 seconds, new sand emerge, from dunno where. I really couldn't walk in peace.
As our next stop is the Mall of Emirates, I told my husband I want to buy slippers. We walked around and I couldn't find a decent pair at a decent price. Suddenly, my husband said "go and buy socks". So, I went to Aldos and bought 2 pairs of socks at only AED 15.
So I ended up in a new fashion way...
Totally weird-looking but at least the sand no longer disturb me.
One week after coming back from Dubai, after numerous knocking, shaking, wiping, there is still always sand in my shoes. There's like this underground water table which keeps feeding a fountain of sand. Ok, whatever that means, it's just plain uncomfortable.
I have been wearing the weird fashion of socks with shoes to office all week. It's kind of embarrassing. No, I don't have another pair of working shoes. All I have is a pair of slippers and a pair of boots. My friends, who have a huge cabinet of shoes, don't look so surprise.
I couldn't bear it any longer, so I went to BHS to buy a new pair of shoes.
Got a pair for QR 105. I guess they'll do, for the moment.

2 Comments:
There shouldn't be any reason to buy shoes...hahaha :)
But I have a reason not to buy shoes... shoes are more expensive in Qatar! haha...
Post a Comment
<< Home