sel Live and Let Live!: Hong Kong trip (part 3) lo

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Hong Kong trip (part 3)

It was raining in the morning on my 3rd day in HK. We just randomly picked a 茶餐厅 in Sheung Wan for a traditional Hongkie breakie.



I picked the porridge and chee chiong fun. No offense to my friends who picked  the 2-eggs-plus-ham-and-toast and macaroni, but those really looked like I can make my own in 5 min. Haha. :p
very nutritious I must admit.

As it was still raining quite heavily after our breakfast, we discussed about dropping the plan to go to Stanley market. It's really not the weather to try to go to a seaside. The news we saw on the previous night's storm was pretty mood dampening. 

We decided to just spend the day at Mongkok. If it continues to rain heavily, we can at least hide in shopping centres.

We were so early that the shops in the shopping centre are not opened yet.

This is where I bought a little sling bag.

There's a yellow alert. Saw this signboard at the shopping centre. Don't really understand the English.



Just an hour after our breakfast, we stopped at Tsui Wah for a 波萝油. Very nice and huge, I couldn't finish it.



We continue shopping at this shopping centre which has many many small boutiques. 

I started to control myself as I have limited hkd with me. These small shops may not all accept credit cards. 

I bought this top from one of these small shops. 


It may not be entirely this reason but the salesgirl did say this top is super popular because Gianna Jun wore it in My Love from the Stars. At that time, I haven't watch this drama. The day before yesterday, I was on mc at home, so I decided to watch it. Oh, I saw the top in the very first episode.


It turned out that what she's wearing is not a top, it's a jacket.


Aiyoh, the salesgirl really can link leh. Only the prints look remotely alike. 

Feeling a bit cheated...

Anyway, after spending more money we got hungry again and stopped at a fast food chain 茶餐厅 for late lunch.


I was carrying so many things that I suggested going back to the hotel to put down our shoppings before heading to Tsim Sha Tsui.


I was able to control myself in the evening, didn't buy anything. Haha.

Saw Mr Spider-Man at Harborcity.


Luckily the weather was more forgiving this evening. We had a long walk from the Ferry terminal to the MTR station in a small drizzle. Still a bit wet but not as bad as the 2nd night, spent less time drying my boots also.

It's also time to start packing. And praying for a smooth flight home. It would be awful if the flight is delayed as I need to work the day after!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home