吃饱饱
It's thursday night. My dear husband made his way to town to eat dinner with me! We went to this Korean Garden Restaurant which is just beside my office building.
Free side dishes
We only ordered one dish, the spicy chicken hot pot. With this, 2 bowls or rice, and the side dishes, it is more than enough to fill 2 stomachs! Our colleague joined us for chit chat while waiting for his dinner appointment in another place. He ate a little, so it filled 2.25 stomachs.
On Friday morning, we had mee goreng. It looked really simple and boring, but it is not something you can buy anywhere. This was ordered from a colleague who ordered from... I dunno where.. but he took mass orders ffor everyone in the office.
The taste was actually not bad. Only QR10 (SGD 3.50). I found it quite cheap, considering that you couldn't find yellow noodles in the supermarkets here and there were actually quite a portion of chicken cubes and vegetables in it.
After the breakfast, it was the usual house cleaning. Then at 1pm+ we went to Landmark to have coffee, wash my car and do some grocery shopping.
We were only slightly hungry so we wandered around looking for somewhere to grab a bite. We stopped at Starbucks and had a hard look at their cake counter but it didn't manage to lure us in.
After a while, we came to a restaurant Casper & Gambini. I had one experience of dining here. They serve all-day breakfast, so the last time I was here, I ordered this omelette set. It was quite bad. The omelette was a huge block of egg, very hard, dry and salty. So I never had any intention of returning to this restaurant.
We thought there's no harm eating here as we only wanted coffee and some snacks. So we went in.
It was a pleasant surprise.
They served this complementary bread basket (or tin) while we waited for our order. I vaguely remember this bread basket in my last visit. This time, we were admiring how fragrant the breads were and I loved the cheese spread which came together.
We ordered a pasta to share. The photo below might make it look quite plain, but it's actually very tasty. For 2 people who were not very hungry, I think it's a fair judgement.
The real surprise was that the coffee was very good! I loved the iced coffee I ordered.
By evening time, we were still full. My husband wanted to cook kimchi soup, so we had soup with some potstickers, no rice.
一整天,吃饱饱!




3 Comments:
The hotpot looks good. Reminds me of my once-a-week dose of korean sundubu jjigae in UIUC. Yum.
i didn't know 锅贴 is potsticker..haha..i had to scroll down to see the picture to know it is that.. is that the "real" translation? :P
You asked the same question as tw after he reads this. I have known this term "potsticker" for a long time, I don't remember the origin. But I wiki-ed, it seems to be a term used in US.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jiaozi
Post a Comment
<< Home