Staycation at Changi Village
Long overdued post of our staycation on Good Friday holiday.
It was a long weekend, since we had no plans to go for an overseas vacation - air tickets were expensive and it was too rush to go anywhere meaningful, we decided to go for a staycation. It was good that a couple friend also decided to join us so we had some company.
We thought staying at a hotel at changi would be nice as we hardly go to this part of Singapore. It would be more interesting than staying in Orchard which is just 15min bus ride from our house.
We were given a room on the 3rd floor. Our corridor overlooked the cafe dining area which I later found out it wasn't that good. I could hear the cutleries clink-clanking sounds at night and in the early morning.
Room has a see-through toilet 😆.
We took a stroll after checking in.
Just across the road was the Changi jetty. Seeing this place brought a wave of nostalgia as I was here often in year 2004 when I was involved in constructing the desalination plant for the NPCC camp in Pulau Ubin. There was never a complaint for needing to travel to changi and then take a boat for work, it was an exciting time for the cute newbie.
Changi beach park full of people as it was Good Friday.
We found a really cute shop in Changi Village. It's really an answer to BCA's productivity call! Manpower is Zero, and it opens 24h.
The items sold there are cheaper than usual too.
Stopped for kopi break at an air con cafe. The sun was too punishing.
In the late afternoon, we went to enjoy a dip in the hotel's infinity pool. It was a bit crowded for swimming but it was OK for soaking. After a while, the sky turned gloomy so we didn't stay long.
We went back to Changi Village for a jap dinner in the evening too.
After dinner, we went to the Civil Service Club opposite our hotel for ktv and bowling. Bowling was included with our hotel package (1 game per person) but no lane was available for us until 1030 pm. Luckily we managed to squeeze in a ktv session in between it and dinner.
We finished the day at midnight which was a feat for early bedders like us.
Forgot to take photos of the breakfast buffet because too busy eating (and there was nothing special).
I do have a photo of my burnt hand. My hand was a hot topic for "safety moment" in my office for the following week. At the buffet breakfast, I saw a little boy popped a crossiant into the toaster and it got stuck inside. Before this, I was listening to the story of my friend who set her crossiant on fire in the toaster while in a foreign hotel. So I had this little image of the crossiant bursting into flame in my head. The little boy was trying hard to reach for his crossiant with tongs and I got worried for him so I told him I would get it out for him. I did, but accidentally touched the hot surface of the toaster.
This was my unglam trying-to-be-hero and not-so-safe moment.
My colleagues also pointed out I might get electrocuted by using metal tongs to reach deep into the toaster.
After breakfast, we took a final stroll around the jetty, park and changi village and checked out.
Since it was pretty early, we went to watch Batman vs Superman at Capitol. It was nicely restored but seats weren't as comfy as normal cinemas.
The movie became our closing for our staycation.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home