sel Live and Let Live!: Japan part 3 lo

Friday, October 09, 2015

Japan part 3

Japan is so distinctly different from other countries. Interesting things I found about Japan:

A complex toilet system 




All (or most) men and women are well dressed.


Hey, the auntie in black also has shiny shoes.
 
I also observed that Japanese women's legs are never exposed. There always have socks, stockings, tights or in long pants with socks.

Japanese like to queue for department stores to open.




Takashimaya

Isetan

Men like to sit cross legged.


Everything you buy is immaculately packed.

Shops full of cute stuff





Japanese TVs put subtitles across subjects' face.



People queue up for ¥500 pocky.



I saw many senior citizens everywhere. And some of them are pretty cool. 

This uncle brought his pet to shopping.

Many tourists like to walk around in rented kimono and geta. 


I can understand the vain mentality but it's really not the best suit and footwear to wear for walking. 

It is difficult to find shoes larger than 24cm size. I tried. Even in large shoe stores or department stores.


I wore my boots to Japan only to find its leather starting to wrinkle and peel because I haven't worn it for a long time. So I was really hoping to buy a new pair.

Most of the socks are also sized 22 to 24 cm. 

My feet are 25.5cm and I finally manage to find my size in Kobe.


And a salesperson who is the prettiest and most sincere I've met.

Japanese love paus. We love them too!
This is a chain store with many outlets seen around the region.

Paus and siew mais

Beef pau in Kyoto.


The name of this pau store...
At first, I thought it's read this way...
Sounds so wrong...

Animals tried to act cool



The imperial palace wall is installed with motion sensor. If you go near the wall, an alarm will sound over the PA system and an army will charge out to arrest you.


How I know? Because i breached the system that day.

No, no army charged out. Just a lady's voice saying "hey joker, go away," in Japanese, I think.

Japanese love food models.
Great for tourists like us who couldn't read the menus.

They stuffed a quail egg into an baby octupus' head...


Wonder what inspired them... ... ....😰

I was interviewed by a tv crew in my ryokan hotel in Kyoto. Apparently, the hotel we stayed in was a famous one.
They asked me how was the hotel, how did I find this Japanese style hotel and whether I would like to see any improvements. I candidly talked about how they should brush up their English. Wonder if the hotel staff 加料 in my water flasks for revenge.


I didn't speak about how I hated sleeping on the floor. It will be the highlight of the programme if the host ask "then why did you book a jap style room, are you mentally sound?"

though I asked this question to myself a number of times for the 2 nights.

In fast food restaurants, we not only clear our own trays, we have to sort the waste.
And as law abiding singaporeans, we follow the rules.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home