sel Live and Let Live!: Singaporeans in grief lo

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Singaporeans in grief

Today, the hearse carrying Mr Lee made it's way from Sri Temasek to the Parliament House. I was filled with regret that I didn't take the morning off from work to send the hearse.

Throughout the day, I was distracted from my work with news updates and msgs from friends about the queues to his Lying in State. There was a very long queue and it took a 8h wait to be able to pay one's last respect to Mr Lee. I salute the people who have no qualms about waiting under the hot sun and humid weather. 

I've heard comments that it's a waste of time. There are some people who are ungracious about the whole matter. For whatever reason, I don't know. 

凡事皆有定期,万物皆有定时。 
生有时,死有时; 
栽种有时,拔出有时; 
拆悔有时,建造有时; 
杀戮有时,医救有时; 
哭有时,笑有时; 
哀恸有时,跳舞有时; 
抛弃石子有时,堆砌有时; 
怀抱有时,放弃有时; 
寻找有时,失落有时; 
撕裂有时,弥补有时; 
默默有时,言语有时; 
争战有时,和好有时, 
万事万物皆有其时。

Now is the time to grief, we shall grief. 

After work, I went to the Parliament House out of curioisity. I have to see with my own eyes this queue which symbolizes our respect for our leader. At a time like this, we see the true colors of our fellow countryman who threw rationale and practicality out of the window and just follow our hearts. 

I'm proud to be a Singaporean.





We found the end of the queue at Padang.

No matter how long is the queue, there's no stopping Singaporeans to take a last humble bow in front of Mr Lee.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home