sel Live and Let Live!: Ramadan Kareem (I) lo

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Ramadan Kareem (I)

This is going to be my last Ramadan in Qatar.

When I was in Singapore, I hardly notice Ramadan. All I know is Hari Raya Puasa which is the Eid-Al-Fitr and it celebrates the end of the Muslim's holy month. Staying in Qatar these years really taught me a bit about the Islamic culture.

On the first day of Ramadan, a stark phenomenon -no cars on the roads. My car seems to be the only one in the usually full carpark.



I love to listen to the radio as I drove home from work. During Ramadan period, at 5pm+, the radio station will have a program which recites interesting philosophical quotes. Then, they will read from the Qur'an in translated English. I think the stories were very interesting. Islamic teachings are certainly based on love, kindness and goodness of mankind.



I bought my last Time Out Doha magazine today. It has a booklet about Ramadan. We were planning to join in a hotel iftar to get a feeling of how the locals break their fast during this period so this is good information for us to help choose a hotel which has an iftar tent.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home