Happy 47th birthday, Singapore!
It's National Day today. It's not a public holiday in Qatar but our company has declared today as a holiday, so our HQ office is closed and we're not working
We went to W Hotel for lunch. The lunch set was great, QR89 per set (SGD 31) . I made all the right choices, thanks to the recommendations I read on Time Out magazine. For appetizer I chose the tomato soup, it was really good. In the background of the photo are 2 other choices for appetizer, calamari and pizza.
For mains, I chose salmon. Very nicely done, the inside was still a bit raw. The mashed potatoes was very creamy too.
For desserts, there were 5 choices on the menu. Since we are a group of 5, we decided to just order all the desserts. Here you can see the cheesecake with raspberry sorbet, banana cake with chocolate sorbet and butter scotch ice cream with popcorns.
Here are the apple cake and chocolate lava cake.
All are good!
We ended up stuffed after the lunch. In the evening, we had to attend another makan session - National Day dinner organized by the Embassy of the Republic of Singapore in Doha.
It was held at the Grand Hyatt Hotel. We were late and couldn't get the NDP fun pack (only 100 available).
We watched some NDP videos, eat, sang anthem, recited the pledge and cut cake.
This is the cake.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home