sel Live and Let Live!: My fear of social media lo

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My fear of social media

Usually I try not to comment on serious matters in my blog. I wanted to keep it light-hearted.

Yesterday, there was a big fire in Villagio. I saw the news on yahoo news this morning, 19 were killed, many were children. It was a tragic accident. Surely, when such a big incident happens, more than one thing has gone wrong. But people tend to target at only one or two things.


For your information, Qatar Civil Defence building regulations are advised and personnel trained by Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF). And in a cellcom subscriber office, you will never see a Qatari behind the counter. Most, if not all, working level are foreigners.

I'm not trying to judge what they say is correct or not. What I'm amused is, these people talk like they live in Qatar and understand Qatar so well. When apparently, they do not. 

This is what is so frightening about the social media. 

2 Comments:

Blogger Kun Kun said...

Did you read about xiaxue's blog? "The Faces of Haters"...she exposed all these people who thinks they can comment irresponsibly in social media..

9:09 PM  
Blogger WSW said...

Yah, I did. No comments. :p

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home