sel Live and Let Live!: 7 days in Doha lo

Saturday, May 02, 2009

7 days in Doha

We celebrated Colin's birthday in Doha.

This was taken in TGIF in City Centre. The restaurant's waiters and waitresses rounded up to sing a very happy and noisy birthday song for Colin.

Colin is our design consultant for the Doha project. Unlike many angmohs I know, he's not overbearig at all. He's always patient, reasonable and kind. He's also the most experienced engineer I've seen. How I wish I can learn under him.

This trip to Doha, as usual, was an unpleasant experience. The client bombarded us with their questions and criticisms from 8 am to 6 pm everyday for 5 days. It was a hurdle we had to clear for the project.

We had been through one nasty one in January, it was demoralizing, but at the same time, a lot was learned from that session. Despite the lesson learned, history has its way of trying to repeat itself. I thought after the last session, everyone will be better prepared and we will be spared of another round of whacking.

Well, as I've said, some of us went to Doha with the goal of clearing HAZOPS, some just went to try their luck.

May luck be on their side forever.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ariel said...

hello hello..so busy tendering or...
no updates? :P

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home