sel Live and Let Live!: About nails lo

Friday, November 09, 2007

About nails

This is written for the benefit of one of my guy friends who can't understand why girls can't manage their own nails.

I'm not exaggerating... ever since I had my first manicure/pedicure, I lost the ability to cut my own fingernails and toenails.


No matter how much effort and time to perfect the cut. It's just ugly. Not to mention the difficulty of filing the dead skins and calluses accumulated on the soles of the feet by myself. Mission Nearly-Impossible. I have no choice but to seek the help of experts. However, I don't really like going to nail salons lah, because:

Reason no. 1
Expensive. A classic pedicure at a reputable nail salon cost around $36. A classic manicure $25. (around there) So if you do all your hands and feet, it will cost at least $60.

Reason no. 2
Time consuming. Sit quietly and endure a 2-h session for the full works.

Reason no. 3
The boredom. For the first hour when they're doing the feet, maybe I can still read a magazine. Once they start to do my fingernails, I can't even read because I won't be able to flip the pages.

Reason no. 4
You think you can just pop in to any nail salons as and when you like? No! A decent salon requires you to make appointments. There's once I want a pedicure, it took me so long to find a good salon that can fit me into their schedule.

Reason no. 5
It's the worst if the beautician likes to talk. Basically, I don't like to talk to strangers or pretend to be interested in what they say.

Reason no. 6
More than once, my feet and fingers suffered injuries from pedicures. Either they cut my cuticles or file my soles too hard. Can you imagine the beautician painting your nail and your open wound at the same time? YIKES... ultimate pain.


Since I can't make my face prettier (hopeless case), at least my fingers and toes look decent enough.

Wah seh... I just found that US EPA has standards for foot spa basins: Recommended Cleaning and Disinfection Procedures for Foot Spa Basins in Salons

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home