Long awaited trip with friends to Kuala Lumpur!
It was a short trip, 3D3N, 12-15 Jun 2025. The last time we had an overseas trip together was in 2014 to Hong Kong, how time flew!
2014 in HK
DAY 1
We had a really early flight 7am and reached the Changi Airport T2 at 5am.
The day before, I brought the kids to stay at 奶奶 house. Unfortunately, the aircon at 奶奶house broke down. It was hot and humid and difficult to sleep. I woke up at 2.50pm all sweaty and sticky and had to take a shower. I didn't sleep after that because I was afraid of missing the flight!
Starting our trip from Changi Airport.
Reached KLIA at about 8.15am but took us 1h to hop on a grab to go to city centre. It was early and we felt no rush. Feeling relaxed was a good way to start the trip.
By 10.30am, we checked in Pan Pacific Serviced Suites KL. A room was available already so we could have a short rest before heading out.
It was a premium 2 bedroom suite. About $100/night/pax, a bit higher price for KL standards but all was good.
Our first stop was to go to make a booking at Thai Odyssey at Farenheit88. We made an appointment for massages at 8.30pm that evening. After that we took a Grab to our lunch place, Alva KL at Ascott Star KLCC.
We were very hungry after only ate a Mac breakfast at 5am+. I over-ate at this lunch and had no appetite for the rest of the day. I learned my lesson and kept reminding myself for the rest of the trip not to make the same mistake . This was our most expensive meal, MYR350 in total.
.jpeg)
We chose Alva KL because it had a good view of the Twin Towers for photo-taking.
We dragged our food-coma-bodies to Suria KLCC for shopping. I fulfilled my primary objective of the trip after buying my bras at Uniqlo. Also bought a cap for TW, some clothes and panties for the girls.
We stopped at Oriental Kopi at Suria KLCC for drinks and snacks.
We went back to our rooms to put down the shopping stuff then to our massage appointment.
There was a small street market beside our hotel. We bought some nice nougats at one of the stalls.
Thai Odyssey at Farenheit88. I had the 60min Thai Aromatherapy Massage (MYR160).
It had been a long day so we just went back to the hotel to sleep after this.
DAY 2
My colleague who has now transferred to AECOM KL, SJ had kindly offered to bring us around in her car today. We met SJ at a cafe near her house which she recommended, Feeka at Happy Mansions.
I only ordered a pastry though SJ recommended the breakfast sets like eggs on toast or avocado toast, as I learned my lesson.
SJ drove us around.
Someone found Kedai KL on the internet and proposed to go. SJ had not been to Kedai KL as well so we went to take a look. According to the internet, it was "an artisanal marketplace that brings local entrepreneurs, artists, makers and designers together under one roof giving visitors a curated retail and lifestyle experience".
Perhaps we went at a wrong timing, most of the shops were not open. Just from outside, they seemed to be mostly cafes, but also had workshops and salons.
We went to Uptown to find lunch.
We saw this long queue at Village Park Restaurant but didn't want to join the queue.
We went to eat wanton noodles at Annie1 instead.
Then we went to 1 Utama mall. My friends went to the hair salon while SJ and I walked around and had a chat over kopi. It was great to catch up with her. There was a performance in the mall, of three 自以为很帅 guys who drew and danced at the same time.
First dinner, KL hokkien mee with quarter duck.
2nd dinner, SJ brought us to eat banana rice at Big Leaf BLR. Each had a set rice meal of MYR11.50 with additional orders of chicken varuval and petai sotong. Each rice set came with vegetables dishes, which were pumpkin, radish and cucumbers. I think they were super nice, I wished I had more space in my stomach to eat more.
After dinner, we said byebye to SJ and took a grab back to our hotel. Really thank you to her for taking the day off from work to accompany us!
Back to Bukit Bintang area again. We went to Pavilion.
11pm, still got so many people on the streets.
KKV closes at 12 midnight, so we went in to walk walk.
DAY 3
Our last day in KL, effectively, as on day 4 we flew very early in the morning.
Kopi and food were very nice at Ho Kaw Hainanese Kopitiam. Especially the coffee, dry mee siam and curry chee cheong fun. It was worth the 20min wait.
鬼仔巷was just behind. We went there to take some photos. We also walked along Petaling Street Market.
Then we walked to REXKL which was repurposed from one of the earliest movie theater in the area. Bookxcess looks like maze. We bought several books there as books seemed to cost much less than in Singapore.
After buying some batik clothes from a small shop in REXKL (I forgot to take photos), we went across the road to Lai Foong lala bee hoon. The soup was so strong and flavourful. I am not a fan of seafood but this really pleasantly surprised me.


We walked to the Central Market.
After this, we took a grab to Sun Fong Bak Kut Teh which is at Bukit Bintang area, near our hotel.
We ordered one soup and one dried bak kut teh.
After first dinner, we went back to Farenheit88 to book another night massage session then went to Pavillion to buy a skirt.
As we missed the Village Park nasi lemak the day before, we thought to have a second dinner of nasi lemak. We found Oriental Kopi at Pavilion but the queue was so long. We settled for Madam Kwan.
We were so engrossed in our conversations that my friends had to rush off for the massage sessions which was at Berjaya Time Square because Farenheit88 was full. They went off first while I slowly made my way back to the hotel.
误打误撞, I found the Jordan HK Restaurant which we wanted to go the day before. I also found the underpass to Farenheit88.
The underpass was a long, narrow, eerie corridor with hoardings. Very few people used the underpass.

I told SJ that we went down to 十号胡同 on our first day (morning) in KL and it looked quite empty. SJ said it couldn't be. So when I passed by Lot 10 again, I went down to take a second look, maybe business will be good in the evening. It was a bit better, more customers and more stalls opened that evening, but it was no where near what I've seen in 2023. I bought some pineapple and tau sar piah from Kee Mei 奇美烧包 to bring back to Singapore。
DAY 4
Our flight was at 8.55am. We checked out from the hotel at 5.30am and took a grab to KLIA. We had breakfast at a cafe in KLIA.
The end of our eat-shop-eat-shop and eat-until-cannot-eat trip!
👍👍👍
The girls received the little stuffz bought in KL for them.
And I'm back to my role and responsibilities in Singapore.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home