sel Live and Let Live!: Primary One Registration for Roselle lo

Monday, August 22, 2022

Primary One Registration for Roselle

 

     

Phase 1 registration started on 29 Jun 2022. NHPS has a total of 240 places. 40 places have been reserved for Phase 2C and 20 places for Phase 2B. So available for Phase 1 (for siblings of existing students) was 250-40-20=180.
There were 104 applicants in Phase 1 which all will get a place.
There were 76 places left for Phase 2A.


Phase 2A started on 6 Jul 2022. On the first day morning, I registered for Roselle. It was something like a google form and could be easily completed in 10 min. All our particulars could be retrieved from the singpass. A bit anticlimax.


Registration closed on 8 Jul 2022.There were 100 applicants for Phase 2A. Balloting is usually required when there is over-subscription. But...

MOE announced whether balloting is required on 14 Jul 2022. It seemed that the number of places was exactly enough for applicants staying within 2km of the school. There was no need to do balloting for applicants >2km.



On 18 Jul 2022, I received the sms informing the result.

That's the end of the infamous primary one registration.


I am lucky that I have a primary school which I want my kids to attend. We also stay very near (near until cannot be nearer) to the primary school There was no need for much pondering or doubting. Our chances of getting a place using my alumni status and <1km address is nearly 100%.

I know there are parents who really have a "journey" through this registration. I sympathize with them. But after this registration, it is just the beginning of another journey. This journey has to be made by the kids themselves, we can only let them go on without us.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home