sel Live and Let Live!: Course and Conference lo

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Course and Conference

Need to attend a couple of courses these days.

Building Construction Supervisors Safety Course -


Super boring. Every saturday, 9 am to 4 pm. Luckily, a colleague, Steven will be attending with me. Else sian until siao.

Most of the people in class are Indians. Steven even exclaimed that one of our classmates look like his worker, Senthil Kumar. I have no idea he misses him so much. Hahah...


This week, will be attending the IWA Leading-Edge Technology Conference at Swisshotel The Stamford.


On Sunday, we went for technical visits - Marina Barrage and Changi Water Reclamation Plant. There were little to see at Marina Barrage. They can't possibly bring everyone to the site. When I reached CWRP, I headache. July, this will be my RIP place.


I like attending conference. To see what other people has done. I like this dissemination of knowledge. It makes everything look noble, enthusiastic and intellectual.


In addition, I get to meet my lab friends again. Sometimes I miss the littlest things, like having lunch with them, chatting, gossiping etc. I guess, what they say is true, you don't know how much you'll miss something until you lose it.


I know I know, I should move on. I have new friends and old friends will pass. But I'm glad most of us are still in this field and will get to see one another once in a while at such events. One of the greatest thing I've gained through this MEng degree is the friendship I get from my lab friends. That's enough, I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home