sel Live and Let Live!: Gotta admit I'm old lo

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Gotta admit I'm old

Last friday, there was this dinner at Sakura Clementi Woods with the lab people. The postgrads treated their FYP students.

I don't know all the FYP students. I was actually pretty surprised to find myself amused at how young they look. How old are the girls? 22? 23? The guys are a bit older, maybe around 25.

Felt old.

Perhaps, I've been working for some time and been interacting with people who are of some age. Even though my colleagues are not that old, the behaviour and actions are different. Suddenly I felt uncomfortable with them. Of course not very serious lah... but felt I didn't fit.

So, tried to just stick with the postgrads during dinner. Haha... 逃避现实。

After the tiring dinner, went to meet up with CK, ZY, ZX, HF and Alex at Boat Quay. Felt much better. Not saying you all are old leh, haha! Except for CK, I haven't seen these friends (esp ZY) for quite some time, so die die must make an effort to go down. I didn't know they are getting so intellectual. We played board games. Need to use brain power somemore. Further drain my energy. But it was fun. Can still remember the way HF giggled loudly (she will go "HER HER HER") suddenly halfway in the game. Haha...

The results of staying out late - the next day at work was a disaster. I couldn't concentrate. Tried to go through a spreadsheet but can't even master PV=nRT properly. Spent a long time just to convert a concentration of gas from v/v to w/v. One stupid zombie. A bit 打击到。。。

Need time to recover. One late night... nearly knock out. Gotta admit I'm old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home