sel Live and Let Live!: Congratulations to Qatar lo

Saturday, December 04, 2010

Congratulations to Qatar


On Thursday, FIFA announced that Qatar will be hosting the 2022 World Cup.

We knew the announcement will come in at 6pm Doha time. At that time, we were on our way back to villa from office then, and listening intently on the local radio for the news. When we have reached the villa at about 6:20pm, it was still not announced, so we rushed into the house, switched on the TV and waited. It was quite exciting for us too.

Though I am not a Qatarian, I feel happy for Qatar. Hopefully this will put Qatar on the world map.

At least, the next time when I tell my relatives or hairdresser that I work in Qatar, they will not ask "Huh? Where is Qatar? Is it Dubai?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home